THE GIRLFRIEND CONNECT CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. BRIEF OVERVIEW: The Girlfriend Connect Contest (“Promotion”) takes place between March 30, 2020 at 09:01:00 AM Eastern Time and April 03, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion consists of a Prize Contest. More specific details are stated below. Void where prohibited.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States/District of Columbia as well as Puerto Rico, Guam and the Virgin Islands, who are at least 35 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household and immediate families, i.e., parents, children, spouse, siblings) of AARP (also referred to as “Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies, and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Sponsor & Others”), and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, execution of, supply to or printing of this Promotion. Anyone entering the contest must be a Girlfriend subscriber.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE/SELECTION OF WINNER/PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING:
A) Prize Contest: There will be a total of five (5) Prizes awarded to Selected Winners. To enter the Prize Contest, participants must visit thegirlfriend.com/connectcontest between March 30, 2020 at 09:01 AM Eastern Time and April 03, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time; and completely fill out the Official Entry Form and submit a 300-word entry essay or a 3-minute video. Only one format of an entrant’s choosing is required for the submission. If an entrant submits both formats, only the first entry submitted will be judged. In order to be eligible to win, an entrant must be a confirmed Girlfriend newsletter subscriber. All users must affirmatively agree to the Official Rules of the contest and acknowledge that by submitting their story and/or video, they are giving Sponsor the rights to re-purpose and re-publish the content (See Section 8 on Publicity and Intellectual Property Rights). Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones. Upon submission of the completed Official Entry Form, each entrant will be entered into the Prize Contest. Only one (1) entry per individual. Additional entries will not be judged.
B) Selection of Prize Winners (“Selected Winners”): On approximately April 09, 2020 at approximately 5:00:00 PM Eastern Time, five (5) Winners will be selected by a panel of 3 Judges, appointed by AARP. Winners will be selected from all entries received throughout the Promotion Period. Judges will evaluate entries based on fifty percent (50%) creativity and fifty percent 50% specificity/storytelling/appeal. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged and a Winner will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants agree to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the Judges and Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Award of a prize to any winner will be subject to verification of that winner’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
C) Notification: Winners will be notified via email on or about April 10, 2020, using the email provided on the entry form. Winners must email firstname.lastname@example.org by April 17, 2020 to claim prize. The return of any prize notification message or document as undeliverable will result in disqualification of the applicable winner, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize and the selection of a substitute winner with the next highest score.
D) Prizes: The first-place Winner of The Girlfriend Connect Contest will receive $500 (in the form of a Visa Gift Card). Winner will receive attribution in the event that the entry is featured in a future article on TheGirlfriend.com and/or on social media. There will be four runners-up; the first runner-up will receive $400 (in the form of a Visa Gift Card) and the entry may be used in future Girlfriend.com content. The second runner-up will receive $300 (in the form of a Visa Gift Card) and the entry may be used in future Girlfriend.com content. The third runner-up will receive $200 (in the form of a Visa Gift Card). The fourth runner-up will receive $100 (in the form of a Visa Gift Card). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize: $500, $400, $300, $200 and $100. If the actual retail value of the Prize differs from its stated ARV, the Selected Winner will not receive the difference in value. Limit: Only one (1) prize per individual. Winners will receive the Prize within approximately ten (10) days of being confirmed as the winner. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received, and the Judges’ evaluation of said entries.
4. Participant need not be an AARP member in order to enter and/or win the Prize Contest. Being an AARP member will not increase your chance or odds of winning. Participants must be a Girlfriend newsletter subscriber in order to enter and/or win the Prize Contest.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE RECIPIENT (“PRIZE RECIPIENT”):
5. Prize Limit: An individual, including a member of his/her household, regardless of email address used, may only win one (1) Prize throughout the Promotion Period. Prizes are not transferable or substitutable except by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, with one of equal or greater value. Sponsor is not responsible for any Prize Recipient’s inability to utilize her/his prize. All federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the Prize Recipient. Additionally, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Winner of a Prize may result from any of the following: (a) a potential Winner’s failure, upon request, to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity, residency, eligibility, and/or other reasonable information requests; (b) a potential Winner’s failure to accept or utilize the Prize as provided herein; or (c) any other non-compliance, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, with the Official Rules.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor & Others are not responsible for interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections; for miscommunications; failed telephone, computer or electronic transmissions; for jumbled, scrambled or misdirected entries or transmissions; for phone, electrical, network, technology or computer hardware or software or program malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or any other errors, omissions, interruptions, or deletions of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic; or for non-receipt of any entry regardless of the cause of it not being properly received by Sponsor. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for illegible, unintelligible, late, lost or stolen entries; for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; or for any technical, printing or human errors which may occur in the receipt, non-receipt or processing of any entries, Tickets or Ticket stubs in the Promotion. In no event will Sponsor award more Prizes than are stated in these Official Rules. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Promotion, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and may be subject to prosecution. Any person attempting to enter using multiple email addresses, multiple identities or any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or to interfere with the proper play of the Promotion will be disqualified from participation in the Promotion. If, in the judgment of Sponsor, the Promotion is compromised by viruses, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which or may corrupt the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, discontinue, suspend or terminate the Promotion and/or proceed to select potential Winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable.
SPONSOR & OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. PUBLICITY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: By entering this contest and/or accepting a prize, each Entrant, Winner or Prize Recipient agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor's designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos, videos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
Entrant warrants and represents that Entrant is the sole author of the entry; that the entry is original and has not previously been published; that Entrant is the owner of all the rights granted to the Sponsor, and has full power to submit the entry in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Prize Contest, and that the entry does not violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of any person; that it contains no libelous, obscene, or other unlawful matter; and that it does not infringe upon the copyright or violate any other right of any person or party.
Entrant grants the Sponsor all rights of ownership, reproduction, and use of entries for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or further permission, including but not limited to an irrevocable and perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right, in all media (now known or later developed) to assign, use, publish, edit, adapt, modify, alter, reproduce, distribute, display, copyright, create derivative works or otherwise exploit entries, for commercial or non-commercial use, and without compensation to the Entrant. By entering the Prize Contest, each Entrant waives any and all rights he or she may have to his or her Entry. To the extent Entrant has any rights in the Entry; Entrants assigns all such rights to the Sponsor by entering the Prize Contest.
9. GOVERNING LAW: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of Washington, DC.
10. RELEASE: By participating, each entrant releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor & Others from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Promotion, or arising out of the receipt, use or misuse, or enjoyment of any Prize.
11. GENERAL: By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to abide and to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Void outside of the fifty (50) United States/District of Columbia and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
12. WINNER’S LIST: To obtain the names of the Prize Winners, please visit www.thegirlfriend.com/connect-contest-winners approximately 1 month after the contest ends.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH VISA, BY ENTERING, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE VISA FROM ANY LIABILITY RELATING TO THIS CONTEST.
SPONSOR: AARP, 601 E. Street NW, Washington, DC 20049
© 2020 AARP
AARP is a trademark of AARP, a District of Columbia nonprofit corporation. These Official Rules may not be reproduced or reprinted in part or in their entirety without the express prior written permission of AARP.
THE GIRLFRIEND CONNECT CONTEST