Travel Trends Worth Considering In 2022
Girls just want to have fun.
Just thinking about travel can put us in a happy place. What comes to mind for you? Is it sitting on a quiet beach with a good book, hiking in one of the national parks, or touring the cultural sites of a new-to-you city? Here are some vacation experiences trending now.
Romantic Getaways – Even if you’ve been spending more time at home with your significant other, nothing ignites romance like a dreamy couple’s getaway. A vacation experience that sparks laughter, conversation, and excitement will go a long way in fulfilling what you’re looking for.
- Car Rental Match: A convertible or signature series model makes the perfect ride for romance – day or night.
Health and wellness destinations offer lots of opportunities for connecting and exploring. Think yoga, side-by-side massages, swimming, hiking, and taking in the sights.
Family Vacations – Nothing can put a smile on your face like thinking about embarking on a family vacation. With family members scattered across the country and busy schedules, why not pick a destination for your home base and discover a whole new area?
Adventure destinations like Florida, Montana, and Maine offer opportunities to visit everything from theme parks to national parks.
- Car Rental Match: A full-size SUV ensures you can roam in comfort with extra room for everyone. And, when you rent with Avis, you get one additional driver fee waived.*
Going Solo – Whether it’s a road trip or escaping to your dream destination, quality alone time can really help you feel rejuvenated. Pamper yourself, create your own personalized itinerary…or no itinerary at all!
Experiences that offer personal fulfillment are becoming more and more popular. Think artsy retreat, or immerse yourself in the local culture on a volunteer vacation.
- Car Rental Match: Consider a zippy compact or sporty recreational rental that puts you in the driver’s seat of your destiny. Use the #1 rated car rental app, select your car on arrival, and skip the counter when you download the Avis app.
No matter where you travel, here are some ways to get extra savings.
- Travel on weekdays if possible. Airfare and hotel rates will likely be lower.
- Book your car rental using your AARP member benefit with Avis Pay Now and save up to 35% off base rates.
- Spend wisely. Use a travel credit card that rewards you for purchases on things like gas, hotels, and restaurants.
AARP members save up to 30% off base rates when renting with Avis. Plus, get a free upgrade on compact through full-size car class bookings when available and other exclusive benefits.*
Click here to see your full benefits as an AARP member when you book your next car rental with Avis.
AARP member benefits are provided by third parties who pay royalty fees to AARP for the use of its intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP. Please contact the provider directly for details.